They Continue To Do So

My girlfriend woke me and I rushed into the other room and as I watched a plane fly into a building I thought, what's the story with morning television? How benighted are motherfuckers if they simply have the TV on, just on, just there spouting drivel into a private living space, a space where you are not required by law to listen to strangers dibbling shit or watch them smile like money is being fired into all their holes? People will cry their eyes out at whatever tragedy is slipped into them by experts. People will also avoid reflection on weighty matters. Hey people, the inside of your head will not give you AIDS if you touch it. (The TV was on because news radio was alerting the world that there was great footage to stroke to. Yes, we listen to news radio in the morning because we are superior beings. Kneel, dogs.)

As the buildings collapsed I thought, I mean, are people that scared of having an original thought that they have to crowd out any possibility of a clue arriving by having the television on from the moment they wake up? I mean, you can't really call it "waking up" if you're not giving yourself any chance to have a moment to wonder why.

As the estimated death toll dropped from 60,000 to 3000- and I know we all had that twinge of disappointment at yet another spectacle oversold- I mopped the floors at work as crying women called up FoxFM and my boss complained, "I know it's a big deal, but all day?"

As an old school friend said to me, "But we have to do something!" I knew Afghanistan would be invaded even though it was the wrong country because well-meaning people who are terrified of their reflections- and I do mean inner reflections, their outer reflections merely disgust them, being a perfect reflection of an inner life bombarded by smiling cunts on TV- these good and kind people would tearfully demand the slaughter of innocents.

And they continue to do so. Well done everyone.

Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hotdog Warlord

The Exciting Apple Vision Pro

The Horribly Disappointing Not Revolutionary Left