More Like 'Heartwave' Am I Right?


I suppose I should start by telling you a little bit about myself: it’s hot and I want to die. I want to see the streets running deep in blood, the time to snap is now, let’s not fool ourselves, madness is the only way forward and these are the end times. 

Normally I wouldn’t be so dark, but it’s usually not the Apocalypse. And I don’t even have to work outside! I’ve worked lots of jobs in the harsh Australian climate. Bricklayers’ labouring under the vicious sun, delivering pianos as the sun tries to kill you, working on farms hoping you get sprayed with toxic pesticides because at least it’s wet. Steaming kitchens cutting vegetables as your perspiration pours onto the defenceless potatoes. Welding steel in boiling factories as you feel the working classness washing over you like a pre mixed drink that’s been left out on the roof of your mate Simmo’s panel van. 

You could say I arrive at hot weather with a bad attitude because I associate it with working my arse off, my only reward the feelings of intense manliness as your angle grinder cuts through a piece of angle iron like butter and a firehose of burning sparks shoot down into your boot and burns the heel of your foot and you keep going because fuck it, “I’m being killed anyway, what difference does it fucken make cunts!”

Then again, the weather is a weird one to complain about because it’s happening to everyone. Which is a problem for those of us who are very verbal and need to talk about every single thing. 

Hi, I’m Sean Bedlam and I’m the only who's noticed it’s hot.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hotdog Warlord

The Exciting Apple Vision Pro

The Horribly Disappointing Not Revolutionary Left