Piss and Vinegar

http://www.pissandvinegar.libsyn.com/

Ryan Walker and myself have so far made 15 brilliant and amazing episodes of a podcast called Piss and Vinegar. We don't have guests unless you include the people we talk about only to hate. It really is just two extremely talented and driven guys talking crap, much of it quite deliberately offensive and/or stupid. But in a brilliant and impressively talented and very talented way.

When we embarked on this journey- and it is a trip on a boat- our only motivation was the driving need to not be the only two comics in Melbourne not doing a podcast. I'm sure more established local podcasters welcome our much needed injection of talent and amazingness to help them lift their game! Not that I listen to any of them because after absorbing 450 episodes of Marc Maron's WTF cast I'm completely burned out on podcasts and if I never hear another comic talk about near or at comedy again I will die a happy miserable bastard.

It's hard to be original and I really don't know why anyone bothers trying. People complain there are too many remakes of movies but I don't see the problem. A remake of your favorite childhood TV show is "ruining your childhood"? Wow, I guess we can tell you weren't molested. You should probably crack the champagne at being able to lack perspective so magnificently. As for me, my childhood came apart like JFK's head early on so I disappeared into books to escape so I have a huge chip on my shoulder about being brilliant and talented and amazing and special.

But I shouldn't sell myself short. The podcast isn't "talking crap" it's pure genius and will probably be the only remnant of this civilisation to be preserved in the last time capsule to the stars before we collapse into the final swivel chair of human uselessness. Or maybe there's hope! Fucked if I know.

I dunno, maybe Piss and Vinegar is a bit original? I'm so humbled by my own brilliance it's hard to say.




   


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hotdog Warlord

The Exciting Apple Vision Pro

Fuck, Dude