Summer Lovin'

When I was growing up not only did my family explode like the Space Shuttle raining burning abandonment on children young enough to be surprised and delighted by dinosaurs, but my parents were raised in the Catholic Church, which I think is sort of like a bank where slaves store their unused hope. How did I survive intact? I didn't you big funny faces! So let's comedy!

What a fucked decision. Choosing to sleep on the couch near the monstrously loud portable air conditioner seemed ideal last night but instead demons ate me. I woke at 4am. Oh shit. This means. But I was slow on the draw and before I could open my nighty-night-time friendly reading book to BLOCK OUT THE THOUGHTS, they were upon me chewing my soul 40 times like it was yuppy fuckhead New York Times super food.  

I lay there helpless as steaming nonsense spewed into my mind, so bitterly poorly organised it can only have been put there by the Pope or someone in advertising. I tried reasoning with my own brain which I suppose sings quietly of my love of logic but fuck that shit! Demons! Sweet nosebleed of Jesus, according to the 4am garbage thought delivery all the child-ruining shit that happened to me was a test of character that I failed. Yes 4am, that makes perfect sense. My drinking now is probably also causing liver damage in my child self you fucking genius.

Meanwhile the air con is making so many different loud noises at once I may as well have eaten a huge block of cheese before drifting of to sleep with Texas Chainsaw Massacre on repeat to establish a nice mood. I'm told sleeping near a creek is a bad idea because it will talk to you all night in the not good way.  This was like that except I'm on my own couch so I also feel like I've mercilessly abandoned my girlfriend who is sleeping soundly two rooms away under a nice quiet fan. I try something different and yell with my brain voice at my brain to shut the fuck up but that gets a bit circular, but then it gets tiring, then I go back to sleep so I can have night terrors thanks to the endlessly scarifying portable airconditioner that cost us $500 and was probably made by slaves and has ghosts in it.

Summer man, it's groovy.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hotdog Warlord

The Exciting Apple Vision Pro

Fuck, Dude