The Comments

Upon reading an article in the Age about underpaid hospitality workers I felt the irresistible urge to also read The Comments, so how I feel right now is very much my fault. As anyone unfortunate enough to have access to the internet knows, The Comments is where happiness goes to die horribly in a hail of informational AIDS bullets. The information stumbled across in this rich jungle of cuntiness is often wrong, which is actually fine, but hideously the information is very often cooked up in the heart of some embittered fuck who's been broken and remade by the machine into the embittered fuck I mentioned earlier.

This article about workers in places where meals are tabled and drinks are poured by underpaid workers attracted the ire of a recent immigrant to Australia who seems to have adopted the worst aspects of being an Aussie, which is a shame because if he wasn't so recently here he'd realize these aren't even the worst aspects of Australianess, if Australianess is even a thing, and it is, it is a thing and it should be killed with burning fly spray.

Only three comments in and I'm reading from a new Australian that workers who complain about not being paid the legal minimum should simply leave? Who's going to pay the removalist? You do know these people are underpaid? God, my soul hurts. We throw our shitty jobs open to these people and they repay us by behaving just like us. Well, when I say 'us', I don't mean me, I'm an edgy outsider passing judgment on a world he did not create. Fuck you.

http://www.theage.com.au/small-business/diners-unwittingly-fund-hospitality-underclass-20130118-2cwx3.html

             

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hotdog Warlord

The Exciting Apple Vision Pro

The Horribly Disappointing Not Revolutionary Left