I Love Corey White

Around this neck of the woods a view is developing and it is that the growing and monstrous wave of man child behaviour is a fairly direct and cowardly reaction to climate change. Because the future is so terrifying, young people are disappearing into fantasy and bullshit and when I say young people I mean everybody. It's just a shame that the people who are usually so good about angrily railing against injustice, the young, are so pants pissingly terrified of the future that all their energy is going into building a bubble of bullshit for their boofhead selves.

The young have historically lost their minds and fucked shit up when presented with outrageously unfair bullshit, but in the case of climate change they're playing possum. And why is it that the only young and outraged political stand up comics I know are from Queensland? Melbourne people should be embarrassed that we have to fly in talent from other states to hear funny opinion that kicks against the pricks. But Melbourne with it's hipster bullshit is a shitstorm of bright people talking themselves out of doing anything about climate change. Climate change will crush society and I'm watching people talk about children's movies.

When my father was 18 he set fire to his comic books. I kept mine, but only so I can sell them one day. Dads nowaday's sit around reading them with their sons, training their children to believe childhood is life. It's fucked. If climate change wasn't going to destroy the world this would just be a matter of taste. But drivel conversations are a matter of life and death. We are all going to die and people are talking about nothing.

Back in the 90's Filter had a song called Welcome to the Fold, "You're celebrating nothing and you feel AOK." I loved that song and it always made me feel like a piece of shit. Because I knew I was supposed to be using my talent in the world and for the world. That's why I was driven to get into activism.

Why is it that Nazis can meet on Melbourne's streets without getting the shit kicked out of them? Because people live in bubbles they work very hard to maintain. They can make out troubling shapes through the bubble, which is, yes, made of cum, but that's about it. Nothing happens. Nothing will ever happen.

Go see Corey White before he dies of exhaustion bringing you high intensity stand up comedy about shit that matters.

Tickets to Corey White   

            

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hotdog Warlord

The Exciting Apple Vision Pro

Fuck, Dude