Self Compassion

I'm pretty much an expert at starting a new video series, so this time I'm not even going to say anything. Sure, it's a new thing for me, where I make short videos that are scripted, or at least I'm reading words instead of pulling them out of my head as I speak, but you don't need to know any of that.

Here's the script:
I've been thinking about changing the direction of my compassion slightly so it bounces of me first before it collides with my loved ones then everyone and everything else.
I was feeling anxious, probably about climate change, and I thought “I could use some good vibes right now. There's no point asking anyone else for help though, they're up shit creek too”. And I remembered that a wise man once said that it's good to be compassionate and you shouldn't forget to have compassion for yourself.

And just like that I felt much better as I imagined coming compassion all over my own face and I visualised my own compassion being splashed all over my own body and I realised something even better than visualising self care as jizz. 
I realised the extremely cheesy concept of self care and the utterly redundant concept of self forgiveness and the maximumly broken bullshit of self esteem, but also the absolute garbage of forgetting the self, of focusing only on service to others, of being a self punishing martyr could also be visualised as jizz half heartedly spasming out of the eye and onto the head of a broken dick.

I knew I had reached enlightenment.

Self compassion. To remind yourself that you are deserving of compassion, to know that giving yourself a hard time through discipline is actually fucking awful, to know that being self critical makes you miserable, to know that locating all the shit in the world in your own broken heart is bit fucking unfair for fucks sake. How can you be of any use if you're a miserable bastard? Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hotdog Warlord

The Exciting Apple Vision Pro

Fuck, Dude