Schmidentity Schmolitics

So I tried and failed to read an open letter to "The Left" from people calling themselves "The Left". How amazing that I found it possible to look at dozens of people crushed by a vehicle in Nice this morning but what these champs had to say not only made me close my laptop, but I know I will never read it. It's too triggering lol high fives all round.

It had to happen sooner or later, identity politics had to disappear so far up it's own arse that following the logic is a hero's mission through an idiot sewer.

The bit I did manage to force down was that "Progressives need to acknowledge that all politics is identity politics" or some such burning garbage. So all real world events must be strained through an identity politics filter? And the people demanding this are educated enough to know about filters? But too precious to absorb that there can't be a theory on Earth that explains everything and that attempts to find one are a doomed shitfight? Great stuff. We're in so much trouble.

Well, I say we're in so much trouble, but that's the whole point of the Struggle, right? We're trying to unfuck our lives and that means confronting power, taking power and using power. But that is so messy that some people have decided they would rather launch rather fucking abstract attacks on other powerless people and call that fighting for justice. Well done heroes!

I have just realised I am arguing with not only an open letter, not only an open letter by people with the delusional self importance to call themselves The Left, but an open letter addressed to "Progressives". I'm not a progressive. The world is rotten and corrupt and fixing it isn't progress, it's commonsense.

If these fuckers keep pushing they're gonna make do something sensible, goddamnit!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hotdog Warlord

The Exciting Apple Vision Pro

Fuck, Dude