Keep Your Eyes Open For A Bargain: CAR CITY!

The radio blasts advertising like artillery and my thoughts lie dead in heaps. I have a low paying job. A single seagull lands nearby with it's stupid fucking face as if to remind me that even flying can be sort of shit if you have the right attitude.

I can't think. The truck driver asks me for a pen and I dither. I don't know how to behave because none of this should be happening. I was a clever and funny boy. I feel like everyone knows I'm pretending. I'm smarter than this shit and reading the broadsheet on my lunch break is a dead giveaway.

I lift heavy objects and feel unlikable. I never relax because I never know what game we're supposed to be playing. Coworkers talk about the weekend and I realize they have no dreams. I feel they sense my superior attitude and wish I would just fuck right off. I wish I could. Often I do, walking out on job after job.

I'm the only one in the factory who doesn't know why he's here. I'm confused about everything. If only I could just give up, but I'm too pretentious. I expect myself to do amazing things and it's making me feel like the biggest cunt in the world.

Somewhere in the distance is my dignity.

I'm grateful for all my shitty jobs and the bastards I worked with. That's the real world and I know my place in it. I am clever. I am funny. I'm supposed to make something of myself with those two advantages.

The whole time I was writing this I could have been crafting a dick joke.

God help us all.  More like penis help us all! LOL!    




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hotdog Warlord

The Exciting Apple Vision Pro

Fuck, Dude