Public Enemies?

It's been suggested Victoria Police may not even want to revel in their new powers, which confuses me because I've seen them assault people, usually women, over and over again. Amendments to the Summary Offences Act would grant police and PSOs (fake cops) amazing new move on powers. PSOs would use them against the homeless and mentally ill and when they're bored and just to look busy. Cops would use them against the Tunnel Picket, a group of people trying to stop a mega project destroying a chunk of Melbourne. They would use them on anyone protesting.

Did I say the tunnel picketers were a group of people? I meant dreadlocked hippies. Yes. I'm told the media image is of arseholes with dreads. I would struggle to- no wait, one chick kind of, sort of has almost-dreads? Her? It's hard to understand that onlookers will look directly at a picket and glue their own images onto what's there. It's like photoshopping with your mind and if you do it properly it's pretty great for the powers that be.

Did I say police would use the move on powers on tunnel picket people? I'm told the people on the picket, who've been thrown around like rag dolls by cops for what? Four months? At great expense? Are tripping if they think this law is about them. That's weird but connected to the negativity directed at the picket by people who believe the tactics aren't "creative" enough. Uncreative and self absorbed. Gotcha. You're weird. We all are. Let's hold hands.

The picket has been wildly successful in my estimation, because I don't do shit unless it's awesome. Welcome to my Logic Nightmare, I'm the Alice Cooper of my own horrible theatre of self-bullshitting. Whatever, I think creating a situation that forces police and the government to do crazy shit is pretty fucking creative. The idea is the show of craziness brings to the undeniable surface the desperation and madness of the East West Link project. It's called telling a story and it's easy to forget in the age of Branding that a tale is also told by deeds.

I don't know what else to say people. We're pumping out videos that show what is happening at the picket and you'd have to be very precious indeed to miss the down in the dirt persistence on display. It looks confronting because it's a confrontation. The future holds nothing else but confrontation.

The tunnel picket story is easy to follow: we're picketing to expose the bullshit East West Link for what it is then kill it. Fight the power. Okay I'll stop with the Public Enemy references. Anyway I don't need them because it takes a nation of millions to hold us back.

Tomorrow picketers gather for a meeting then head off to the Silencing Act rally at Trades Hall. I'll be so fucking proud to move there with these people. We have fought together, no bullshit narrative or differences about tactics can suck that joy out of heart. Not even jail can do that. We can't be beaten. That's a Rose Tattoo reference.            

 

    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hotdog Warlord

The Exciting Apple Vision Pro

My Trigger Words