I Am Spartacus

Last night a female friend who is a woman was waiting for a train like a human being when ticket inspectors approached, fucked with her peace of mind, handcuffed her for commenting on this and called her a bitch and a slut for mentioning that shit seemed to be getting out of hand rather quickly.

Melbourne's public transport is now a fear lottery due to the baffling behaviour of the Myki commuter mugging system and the sudden appearances of revenue bandits in and out of uniform. I have taken to drawing rude words and pictures on my card, like so. 

   
Australians talk a lot of shit about being easygoing but the fact is most of us are just lackadaisical with our own freedoms. Why bother finding out if you're free or not when you can look the other way? There's always something far more interesting to see. Our freedoms are disappearing but it's often seen as hysterical to mention this because of the freedoms we do have.

      
I had an interesting moment as inspectors materialised late at night when I took the risk of tram travel with no money on my card. It was either that or walk 45 minutes, drunk and not safe, but I didn't feel safe now because there was a picture of a dick on my empty card. Without comment the person checked my card and found everything to be in order. Huh? That's the thing with these cards: they're mysterious. You never know what you are going to be charged for a trip and in this case I'd been sweating precisely because if you slip up, which is made very easy by this system, they throw the book at you. If you swear about being done by these people they can book you for that too, because words are illegal in this easygoing free country. But the card was now Not Working in my favour, so there didn't have to be an incident. That was nice, but I'd prefer to not have to feel like a penal colonist.

More Australians need to be thinking about how power works in this country. What the State has is a monopoly on violence. We are not really free. My friend was reminded of this last night as her elbows were pulled up behind her back, as she was humiliated, as they mocked her and sneered at her, went though her bag and searched her body. All of this they did to a public transport user with a valid ticket because she refused to kiss their arses. She was punished for behaving like a free woman and she is an example to us all. I'm very happy she is talking to a lawyer, seeking the security footage and gathering the support of people who aren't easygoing because they actually believe in freedom.

      
When our friend was alone in a room with these pieces of shit, they joked about her being a comedian and like the walking cliches they are, joked that it wasn't so funny now. I look forward to grilling the next inspectors I see about this. I'll show them my card, with a cock on it, and I will shame the fucking shit out of these arseholes. I will ask them if they were the ones who assaulted my friend. I suggest you do the same.

These are very fair questions. People who assault anyone, but particularly small women, alone on a train station, are scum and must be corrected.  Put these people on the spot with a loud and clear voice. 





       

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hotdog Warlord

The Exciting Apple Vision Pro

Fuck, Dude