Streaks of bullshit in the sky

Been thinking about the negative side of conspiracy theories again. Let's define that as a case of joining the dots, which is good, but filling in the blanks, which is bad. It's very exciting to think you can see a pattern, but why do it? Why not wait it out? If you are on such an important mission, why not get all your ducks in a row?

Conspiracy theories are exciting, but nowhere near as powerful as learning to live with uncertainty.

This is triggered by reading this:
http://www.metafilter.com/143387/The-insane-conspiracy-theories-of-Naomi-Wolf

I went through a conspiracy theory phase and was saved by Robert Anton Wilson, who introduced me to useful thinking tools. I recommend Quantum Psychology and Cosmic Trigger. He seems to be a hippy, but he's not, he's dead. No one killed him though, he died of old age because people trying to tell you the truth are often no threat whatsoever to the powers that be.

Yes, there are conspiracies, but they're often opportunistic or reactive. No, US Government people weren't "behind" 9/11 but they took full advantage of it. Even then they had to lie about WMD's, so that's a conspiracy, but the idea that Saudi Arabians couldn't get their shit together to hijack some planes is fanciful. People used to hijack planes all the time, it's no biggie, but I say that as someone who wasn't on those flights and isn't dead. The cool thing about not being dead is everything remains open-ended for me. I like not leaping to conclusions, who knows what I'll find out next?

The obsessed folk I've encountered too many times all share this: they don't listen. You can come back a year after you explained exactly how chemtrails aren't real and there they are, still believing that shit. I find that insulting. I am not part of a conspiracy to ruin your day. No wait, I really am aren't I? Because the relentless smugness of these fuckers does my head in.

You're right though, I've only spent 14 years actually trying to work out what's going on, checking in with other people as I go, always looking for the way toward other people, but you're right, you who call yourself "awake" and the people around you "sheeple".

A wise man (a bit of a prick actually) told me, "Never lost touch with the common man", and though I find conversation with people who absorb broadcast TV a nightmare of not forming a facial expression that admits to my struggle to pay attention, I believe it's important to not form views about one's own specialness.

Most conspiracy theories should be taken with a grain of salt, a sense of humour and far away from me. I'm too special for that shit.

By the way, I don't think wrong conspiracy theorists are "crazy", they're just wrong.  

The Good Hurt with Sean Bedlam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hotdog Warlord

The Exciting Apple Vision Pro

Fuck, Dude