Basic

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/bytestories/family-related-tragicomedy_b_6690126.html

That link goes to the Huffington Post, where a couple of my Byte Stories are making an appearance. It's pretty exciting. The Byte Stories thing appeared at just the right time, because leading up to the festival I'm finding writing true stories is a pretty slick way to crank out material to then filter through the joke consideration process.

I grew up in a pretty basic suburb, not poor, but with the threat of violence pretty much a constant and writing these stories has been sort of therapeutic in some ways. I did need to stop for a few days though, to take a break from thinking about things I can't change. It's good to put traumatic events into words, but it also stirs up some unpleasant feelings.

There is no escape. That's the lesson of my basic suburbs. You've got to find ways to make the most of fucked situations, face them head on and hope to fuck you have enough magic in you to turn that garbage into gold.

There'll be more stories to come, mostly because I'm finding it's good for my writing, but what I'm really looking forward to is getting to the festival and doing a lot of stand up comedy.

Tickets to Two Bearded Ladies
              

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hotdog Warlord

The Exciting Apple Vision Pro

Fuck, Dude