Prep Work

So I've just done a run through of my chosen material for the show and it went like a dream. The joke consideration process consisted of anything that's gotten a real laugh before, arranged into a coherent world view. It's a very clear picture of what I am, which is pretty much a Gen X Everyman and Fucked Fuckhead.
  A few years ago a good comic advised me that by the time you get off stage, the audience should have some idea who and what you are. It's not about telling people your opinions, but telling people what you see and why you see it that way. I've also learned proper stories are a good honest way to honour the fact an audience is good enough to give you their attention. Because most people even slightly outside their comfort zones are thick as fuck and need to spoken to like babies.  

    
I'm doing a live trial show this coming Wednesday upstairs at The Exford. I will have a set list on a great big piece of paper. I've used a set list before and didn't need it in practice, but it's just in case a bomb goes off outside the building or I'm thrown off my game slightly by being stabbed.


  

Tickets to Two Bearded Ladies

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hotdog Warlord

The Exciting Apple Vision Pro

Fuck, Dude