Stations Of The Crosstika

 So last night, Tuesday, the Tuesday after Melbourne’s nazi Saturday, christofascists in their hundreds turned up to attack a small LGBTQ counter rally/speak out in Sydney. The direct connection between the two events that I think I see is that the guys who think the cross is a swastika took inspiration from the guys who think a swastika is the cross. They saw the Melbourne knobheads getting away with it and decided to really up the ante. Now maybe it’s not as simple as that, I’m sure these are very interesting people with fascinating backstories, but I’m also sure the people repeatedly being targeted don’t feel like they’re not being attacked by people who are all working together in one way or another.

The footage from Sydney is terrifying and it’s just the sight of this mob of meatheads swarming, the size of it, the sheer kilograms of muscle that’s rocked up to fuck up a small group of people who are so peaceful that they’re a whole block away from the event they’re protesting. The small number of cops were severely outnumbered and LGBTQ people were viciously assaulted. It was shit.

The last thing these shitheads of the stations of the cross did was a few weeks ago, about thirty of them, marching menacingly through streets favoured by rainbow folk, chanting the fucking hail mary like it’s a fascist anthem. Here’s me thinking it was just a rockspider prayer. Anyway. Last night was, let’s say a ten fold escalation in numbers and a hundred fold escalation in violence so that’s what? A million? A million what I’m not sure, but it’s very bad.

I’m not adding any links or doing any fact checking for this right now, I’m not a journalist or an anti-fascist researcher and I don’t want to start acting like one and get snowed under by all the extra paperwork. Everyone has to work out what they can do, and what I can do is turn up to LGBTQ events where my kilograms of meat might come in handy. I’m not talking about fighting, I’m talking about not leaving people defenceless when they have to protest for their lives.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hotdog Warlord

The Exciting Apple Vision Pro

Fuck, Dude